Cleaning a large area such as a wooden or stone terrace can take a lot of time and effort.
However, thanks to a surface cleaner for a pressure washer, this process can be accelerated and simplified many times over.
Below is a list of the Best Pressure Washer Surface Cleaners:
There are some quality features that you should look for when buying a surface cleaner. These include, in particular, the housing material and the performance specifications.
If a surface cleaner is to be used indoors, it is essential that it has an extraction function. This is because they are able to remove the dirty water directly. This prevents the entire warehouse from being flooded.
10 Best Pressure Washer Surface Cleaners
Pressure Washer Surface Cleaners
Karcher Universal 15" Surface Cleaner Attachment for Gas Power Pressure Washers Rated up to 3200 PSI - 1/4" Quick-Connect
- Universal Compatibility: Compatible with most Karcher & Non-Karcher gas power pressure washers rated 2600-3200 PSI, with a flow rate up to 2.7 GPM. Easily connects to wands with a standard ¼” quick-connect fitting
- The Karcher Promise - Cleaner. Quicker: Delivers professional level cleaning over an area 13” wide with two 1500 RPM spinning nozzles instead of one, significantly reducing your cleaning time
- Multi-Surface Cleaner: Perfect for cleaning large surfaces such as concrete, driveways, patios, decks, sidewalks and more. The Surface Cleaner can also be used to clean vertical surfaces including garage doors and home siding
- A Drier Cleaning Experience: The Surface Cleaner's shroud and splash-free skirt minimize overspray, keeping you safe and dry while you clean
- Superior Clean: Eliminates streaks by keeping the nozzles at a fixed height from the cleaning surface, and cleans flat surfaces up to 4x faster than standard spray nozzles
Kärcher T 5 Patio Cleaner - Pressure Washer Accessory
1 used from £51.54
- The T 5 surface cleaner can be adjusted so the nozzle is positioned at the ideal distance from the surface, depending on the material.
- The T 5 can clean in around half the time needed by a spray lance.
- The hood protects you and your surroundings from spray water and the hovercraft effect makes manouevering simple and easy.
- Thanks to the ergonomic handle even vertical surfaces such as garage doors can be cleaned efficiently
Twinkle Star 20" Pressure Washer Surface Cleaner with 4 Wheels, Stainless Steel Housing & 1/4" Quick Connector, Power Washer Attachment with 2 Extension Wand, 2 Replacement Nozzles, 4000 PSI
- Professional 20'' Surface Cleaner: Twinkle Star Surface Cleaner gives a commercial grade cleaning area of 20 inches wide. Hover action makes surface clean faster and effective than nozzles alone. Ideal for cleaning stubborn stains on large flat surfaces such as patios, driveways, decks, sidewalks. And also could be used on vertical surfaces like brick walls, stucco and other siding.
- More Effectively: 20-inch Surface Cleaner has dual pressure water jets that spin rapidly breaking up dirt and grime without streaking or striping surfaces. And it cleans large surfaces up to 5x faster than a standard nozzle. Surface cleaners for gas and electric pressure cleaners can reduce cleaning time by up to 60% compared to conventional nozzles.
- High Quality & Good Compatibility: Heavy duty bearing and durable stainless steel construction can be used for a long time. A filter is built into the entrance to prevent the blockage of impurities. 1/4" Quick plug. Easy to connect with included pressure washer lance or other 1/4" quick connect fitting. The Surface Cleaner can be used with most gasoline pressure washers.
- Notes: NOT FIT GARDEN HOSE OR WATER HOSE. The wand is 1/4" thread quick connect plug , if it is not suitable for the connector of your PRESSURE WASHER GUN, please purchase the adapter coupler connection separately.
- International products have separate terms, are sold from abroad and may differ from local products, including fit, age ratings, and language of product, labeling or instructions.
Nilfisk Compact Patio Cleaner, compatible with Nilfisk Pressure Washers
- Ideal for cleaning flat surfaces including patios, driveways and paving.
- Can also be used on vertical surfaces such as fences, walls and garage doors.
- With rotating cleaning accessory that contains the excess water of the brush which surrounds the underside of the housing.
- Nozzle cleans six times faster than a conventional one.
- Fits Nilfisk C105, C110, C120, C125 & C130 Pressure Washers
Briggs & Stratton 6338 Rotating Surface Cleaner, Black, 16"
- Cleans up to 5X faster than a 40 degree pressure washer nozzle
- Glides across surfaces for easy maneuvering such as garage floors, driveways, decks, and more
- Dome controls overspray to protect walls and flower beds
- Rotating jets eliminate streaking for a clean finish
- Connects to quick connect wands.Fits most brands of gas pressure washers 2200 PSI 3400 PSI
Ryobi RAC719 Pressure Washer Brush, Black
- Great for cleaning of decking, patios or driveways and any other flat surfaces
- 30cm cleaning diameter
- Can be used up to max. Pressure of 150bar
- On board detergent tank
- Compatible with all Ryobi AC pressure washers
Tool Daily 15 Inch Pressure Washer Surface Cleaner Attachment with Wheels, with 2 Power Washer Extension Wands and 2 Replacement Nozzles, 3600 PSI
- Surface cleaner for gas and electric pressure washers reduces cleaning time by up to 60% over regular nozzles.
- The total length of 2 wands is 30 inch. It extends your pressure washer wand or gun and helps to control surface cleaner easier.
- Fits most gas-powered pressure washers rated up to 3000 PSI.
- Perfect for cleaning large surfaces such as driveways, patios, decks, and sidewalks.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: FAST REPLY WITHIN 24 HOURS. Please free to contact us if any question or issue. We offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Bosch AquaSurf 280 Multi-Surface Patio Cleaner (Compatible with Bosch Pressure Washers: UniversalAquatak 130/135, AdvancedAquatak 140/150/160, AQT 37-13, AQT 40-13, AQT 42-13, AQT 45-14 X)
1 used from £47.99
- Quick connection for easy attachment to lance
- Pivot joint
- Compatible with Bosch Pressure Washers: UniversalAquatak 130/135, AdvancedAquatak 140/150/160, AQT 37-13, AQT 40-13, AQT 42-13, AQT 45-14 X
M MINGLE 15 Inch Pressure Washer Surface Cleaner, with 2 Extension Wand and 2 Replacement Nozzle, Attachment for Gas and Electric Power Washer, 3600 PSI
- PACKAGE: Pressure washer surface cleaner attachment includes a 15” surface cleaner, two 15” extension wands and 2 replacement nozzles. Working pressure is up to 3600 PSI.
- SURFACE CLEANER: Surface cleaner for pressure washer is great for cleaning large flat surfaces, such as patios, fences, rooftops and walls. Prevents the zebra striping. Hover action makes surface clean faster and effective than nozzles alone. Surface cleaner for gas and electric pressure washers reduces cleaning time by up to 60% over regular nozzles.
- EXTENSION WANDS: The total length of 2 wands is 30 inch. It extends your pressure washer wand or gun and helps to control surface cleaner easier. The wand has 1/4" quick connect and is compatible with many brands of pressure washer gun.
- REPLACEMENT NOZZLES: Two nozzles are attached for replacement if original nozzles are blocked seriously. Please use water inline filter to avoid nozzle blocked by sand or other debris. If nozzle are blocked with sand or other debris, you can remove the nozzle, clean with needle and rinse with fresh water.
- FEATURES: Rotary surface cleaner has durable stainless steel nozzles for efficient performance. Flexible bristle skirt can protect adjacent surfaces, and can’t mar aggregate or stamped concrete.
Nilfisk 128500702 pressure washer patio cleaner, blue
- Ideal for cleaning flat surfaces, including patios, driveways and paving
- Can also be used on vertical surfaces such as fences, walls and garage doors
- Cleans six times faster than a conventional nozzle
- Suitable for Nilfisk high pressure cleaner
- Simple assembly by clicking into place
Surface cleaner buying advice
When choosing a surface cleaner for a pressure washer, you will notice that the biggest differences lie in the workmanship of the housing and the rollers of the attachment.
High-quality surface cleaners can be quickly recognised by a metal or stainless steel housing and large, free-rotating rollers. However, you should make sure that the rollers do not rub off.
High-quality models can also be recognised by their higher temperature and pressure resistance. This means that they can also be combined with more powerful pressure washers to clean large areas faster and more deeply.
Price-conscious models rely on water pressure to lift them off the ground, so rollers are often omitted. However, rollers are a much higher quality alternative.
However, if the surface cleaner is to be used mainly for cleaning walls, you should opt for lightweight models.
Thus, a plastic housing and the absence of castors are a real weight-saver here. In addition, the presence of handles is a basic requirement for working on walls with a surface cleaner.
However, a low pressure should be used, as otherwise soft woods such as larch can be damaged. Cleaning the patio with a surface cleaner is simple and requires only a few steps.
Which surface cleaner fits my pressure washer?
To find out whether a surface cleaner and a particular pressure washer are compatible, the specifications of the two devices must be compared.
This includes in particular the temperatures and permissible pressures. Ideally, the limitations of the surface cleaner are slightly higher than those of the pressure washer.
In addition, the connections of the two components must be the same. However, if the surface cleaner and the pressure washer gun have different connections, they can usually be combined with each other by connecting an adapter.
Surface cleaner with suction function
If the patio is cleaned with a surface cleaner, the dirty water running off into the garden is usually no problem. However, if you want to clean professionally or indoors with the surface cleaner, the swirled-up dirt should be collected again together with the cleaning water. For this purpose, surface cleaners with an integrated suction function have an additional nozzle that creates a kind of suction under the cleaner.
On the underside of the surface cleaner there is also a circumferential slot into which the dirty water is sucked. This slot is usually a few millimetres wide and thus also determines the maximum particle size of the dirt particles that can be sucked in. The dirty water is then discharged directly via a hose or directed into a collection container.
It is advantageous if the hose can be placed directly in a wastewater sluice. Since powerful pressure washers have high flow rates, collection containers quickly become full and have to be emptied often. This is annoying and prolongs the cleaning process.
How does a surface cleaner work?
A surface cleaner is connected to the high-pressure gun of a pressure washer and thus supplied with water by it. The cleaners, which are usually round in shape, have several nozzles on their underside with which the water is applied at high pressure to the surface to be cleaned. Depending on the model, these nozzles also rotate the water jet to achieve a particularly good cleaning result.
In this way, the dirt is washed off the surface and flushed out of cracks and grooves. This dirt then flows away together with the cleaning water or, in the case of a pressure washer with suction function, is collected again. Higher-quality models also have rollers on the underside that allow the surface cleaner to be pushed effortlessly over the cleaning surface.
Alternatives to a surface cleaner
The surface cleaner is not the only option for cleaning a large area, such as a wooden patio or a paved driveway. It is rivalled by the dirt tiller and the power scrubber.
With a dirt tiller, the water jet of the pressure washer is additionally bundled before it is applied to the surface with full force in the form of a flat jet. The power scrubber works with virtually no pressure at all; instead, the cleaning power is generated by the brushes. It is similar to a conventional scrubber, but has the advantage of a direct water supply and slightly higher water pressure.
- High pressure dissolves even stubborn dirt
- Quick cleaning of heavily soiled surfaces
- Can also reach into corners
- Cleans only a small area
- Can only be used on resistant surfaces such as stone tiles or the like
- High volume of waste water can be an obstacle
- Easy scrubbing thanks to integrated water supply
- Can also be used on more sensitive cleaning surfaces
- Only little dirty water thanks to low water pressure
- Difficult to loosen stubborn dirt
- Does not reach every corner