Best Cordless Pressure Washers in UK 2023
Welcome to our comprehensive guide on the best cordless pressure washers available in the market today! In this fast-paced world, convenience and mobility have become essential factors when it comes to choosing the right tools for various tasks. A cordless pressure washer is a prime example of modern innovation that offers unparalleled flexibility and efficiency.
Gone are the days of being tethered to power outlets or dealing with cumbersome cords as you attempt to clean various surfaces. With the advent of cordless pressure washers, cleaning your car, patio, garden furniture, or any other outdoor area has never been easier. These portable powerhouses provide the freedom to roam without sacrificing the powerful cleaning capabilities that traditional pressure washers offer.
In this article, we will explore the best cordless pressure washers on the market, considering their performance, features, and overall value for money. Whether you are a homeowner looking to keep your property in pristine condition or a professional seeking a reliable cleaning tool, we’ve got you covered. So, let’s dive into the world of cordless pressure washers and discover the perfect solution to revolutionize your cleaning routine. Say goodbye to cords and limitations, and hello to the freedom of cordless cleaning!
Best Cordless Pressure Washers in UK
5 Best Cordless Pressure Washers Reviews
The WORX WG620E.6 Cordless Hydroshot Portable Pressure Washer is a powerful and efficient tool that can deliver up to 24 bar of pressure, which is more than enough to tackle most cleaning tasks around the home. With a flow rate of up to 120 liters per hour, it can easily blast away dirt and grime from patios, decks, cars, and outdoor furniture. This pressure washer is also equipped with a 6m hose that allows you to reach even the most hard-to-reach areas.
- Portable and lightweight design makes it easy to use and store.
- Cordless operation allows you to take it anywhere.
- High-pressure output of up to 22 bar can tackle tough cleaning tasks.
- 6m hose allows you to reach even the most hard-to-reach areas.
- The battery can be charged in just an hour, providing ample run time.
- The pressure output may not be sufficient for heavy-duty cleaning tasks.
- The water tank is not included, and you need to connect it to a garden hose.
The Worx WG644 Hydroshot 40V Cordless Pressure Washer is a high-quality power cleaning tool that comes with a variety of advanced features that make it stand out from the rest. It boasts a lightweight design, weighing in at only 3.3 kg, and a 20 feet long hose that allows for greater flexibility and range. The pressure washer is capable of delivering up to 7X more pressure than other models, making it ideal for tackling tough cleaning tasks.
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver
- 7x more pressure than a garden hose
- 2-speed settings for customized cleaning
- Dual-port charger for convenient charging
- Expandable power solution with Worx Power Share batteries
- 4-in-1 multi-spray nozzle for versatile cleaning
- Long hose length for reaching difficult areas
- The 40V battery may not last as long as a gas-powered pressure washer
- Water flow may not be strong enough for heavy-duty tasks
The Fontus 18V also features an adjustable spray nozzle that allows you to switch between a powerful jet spray for tough cleaning tasks and a gentle spray for more delicate surfaces. It also comes with a 15-litre water tank that can be easily removed and refilled, providing enough water for most cleaning jobs.
- Cordless and portable, can be used anywhere without the need for a power source or water supply
- Adjustable spray nozzle for a range of cleaning tasks
- Built-in water filter ensures clean water for optimal performance
- Comes with a range of accessories for versatile cleaning options
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Water tank may need to be refilled frequently for larger cleaning tasks
- Battery life may not be sufficient for longer cleaning jobs
One of the standout features of this pressure cleaner is its cordless design, which allows for greater mobility and convenience during use. The 20V battery provides ample power for up to 30 minutes of continuous use, allowing you to clean larger areas without the need for frequent recharging.
- Cordless design for greater mobility and convenience
- 20V battery provides ample power for up to 30 minutes of continuous use
- 6m high-pressure hose and adjustable nozzle for customized cleaning
- Maximum pressure of 22 Bar for powerful cleaning
- Battery life may not be sufficient for larger cleaning tasks
- No built-in detergent tank
The Ryobi RY18PW22A-125 18V ONE+ Cordless Power Washer Kit is a versatile and powerful cleaning tool for your home and garden. It features a 22bar pressure rating, which is enough to blast away dirt and grime from a variety of surfaces. The kit includes a 2.5Ah battery, which provides long-lasting power to the pressure washer, and a 6m high-pressure hose that allows you to reach all areas of your property easily. With a weight of only 3.2kg, this cordless pressure washer is lightweight and easy to maneuver, making it perfect for cleaning patios, driveways, cars, and more.
- Cordless design makes it highly portable and easy to use.
- 3-in-1 nozzle provides versatility for different cleaning tasks.
- 18V ONE+ battery system makes it an excellent addition to any DIY enthusiast’s collection.
- Lightweight design makes it easy to maneuver.
- The 22-bar maximum pressure may not be sufficient for more demanding cleaning tasks.
- The 2.5Ah battery may not provide sufficient runtime for larger cleaning projects.
What is a cordless pressure washer?
Cordless pressure washers are more compact, mobile and somewhat less powerful versions of ordinary high-pressure cleaners. They are used to remove dirt from surfaces with a strong water jet.
Many cordless pressure washers work with a water pressure of 5 to 20 bar, which would be more accurate to call them “low-pressure cleaners”. By comparison, normal pressure washers often reach a water pressure of up to 100 bar.
How does a cordless pressure washer work?
All cordless pressure washers work in the same way. The battery is responsible for supplying power to a pump. The pump sucks in the water and transports it via two suction valves to one piston each. The pistons are mounted on a movable disc – the so-called swash plate. This is set into a forward-backward motion by the water pressure. This presses the water at high speed through pressure valves towards the nozzle – the water flows outwards at high pressure.
In the process, the pistons are alternately pushed by the swash plate and then returned to their original position by a return spring. Depending on the engine speed, this process is repeated about 1,400 to 2,800 times per minute. The motor speed determines the pressure at which the battery-powered high-pressure cleaner delivers the water.
What types of cordless pressure washers are there?
Cordless pressure washers can be divided into models with an integrated water tank and those with a hose connection. This results in individual advantages and disadvantages, which we would like to discuss in the following section.
Cordless pressure washers with water tank
There are cordless pressure washers that draw water from their own water tank. A permanent connection to a water hose is not necessary, which results in flexible application possibilities. The biggest disadvantage is that a full water tank makes the cleaners several kilograms heavier. It should also be mentioned that the usage time is not only limited by the charge level of the battery, but also by the fill level of the water tank.
- No permanent connection to a water hose required
- Flexible application possibilities
- High weight with full water tank
- Useful life limited not only by the battery but also by the water tank
Cordless pressure washer with hose connection
Battery-powered pressure washers with hose connection draw their water from an external source. This makes them lightweight and easy to transport. The water supply is permanently ensured via a hose, which is why the usage time of these devices is limited solely by the battery. The only disadvantage is that the radius of movement is limited by the water hose.
- Low weight due to external water supply
- Useful life limited exclusively by the battery
- Limited radius of movement
What are battery-powered washers suitable for?
Battery-powered pressure washers are versatile cleaning devices that are suitable for much more than cleaning facades or garden fences. In the following, we have compiled some possible applications:
- Cleaning cars and bicycles
- Cleaning tools
- Cleaning balconies and patios
- Cleaning heavily soiled windows with low pressure
- Removal of lime residues in swimming pools
- Removal of moss and algae from pavements
- Removal of snow and salt residues on pavements
- Cleaning garden furniture
- Removal of graffiti with a special solvent
- Cleaning of animal fur with low pressure
- Removal of spider webs
How much does a cordless pressure washer cost?
The range of pressure washers is broad and prices vary widely. While models with a hose connection and low power can be had for low three-figure sums, consumers should plan on a mid-three-figure investment when purchasing a powerful cordless pressure washer with a large water tank. When purchasing a battery-powered pressure washer, buyers should expect the following costs:
- lower price range: £90 to £150
- medium price range: £150 to £250
- upper price range: from £250 upwards
Internet versus specialist shops: Where is it worth buying a battery-powered pressure washer?
If you want to buy your new battery-powered pressure washer outside the Internet, the best place to start is your local DIY store. There, consumers can benefit from personal advice. How helpful this is depends to a large extent on how well the advising employee knows about cordless pressure washers and their features. Apart from the advice, buying in a local store is usually cumbersome. Often the selection of available models is as limited as the possibilities to compare the individual devices with each other. In the worst case, it is necessary to visit several shops to find a suitable battery-powered high-pressure cleaner.
The internet offers better conditions. Not only are almost all currently available models available here, but there are also many opportunities to obtain comprehensive information and precisely compare the individual devices with each other. As soon as the right battery-powered high-pressure cleaner has been found, it can be ordered conveniently and quickly from home. The bottom line is that the advantages of the internet outweigh the disadvantages. This does not mean that a good cordless pressure washer cannot be found in local shops with more effort.
Cordless Pressure Washer Buying Guide
If you want to find a pressure washer that fully meets your requirements, you should consider a few factors. To help our readers make an informed buying decision, we have compiled the most important criteria in the following section. These include:
- Intended use
- Water pressure
- Pump material
- Detergent tank
- Spray nozzles
- Water tank
- Water hose
- Battery capacity
- The intended use
First of all, the buyer should determine what he wants to use the new battery-powered high-pressure cleaner for. Decisive factors are the place of use and the severity of the soiling. If the device is to be used exclusively for cleaning a specific area – for example, the patio or the car – consumers can use a cordless pressure washer with a hose connection without hesitation.
If different areas are to be cleaned and no specific place of use can be determined, a model with a water tank is recommended. This allows flexible use at different locations. If you already know that you will have to deal with stubborn dirt – for example, mossy pavements or limescale residues in the swimming pool – you should make sure that the water pressure is as high as possible. If you only want to make it easier to remove pollen from your car in spring, you can opt for a model with low water pressure.
The higher the water pressure of a battery-powered pressure washer, the more effectively and quickly it can remove stubborn dirt. While inexpensive models are usually found in a range between 5 and 20 bar, battery-powered pressure washers from the middle and upper price ranges come close to the performance of normal pressure washers. They operate at 20 to 90 bar. Consumers should note that high water pressure is always accompanied by higher water consumption. This disadvantage can be compensated by the fact that cleaning tasks are completed more quickly.
The heart of a battery-powered high-pressure cleaner is its pump. It should be as stable, powerful and light as possible. The decisive factor is the material. High-pressure cleaner pumps are made of brass, aluminium or plastic. Brass pumps are heavy, but are considered the most durable. They are found almost exclusively in models from the upper price range. Pumps made of aluminium are also robust. The advantage is that they are lighter and less expensive than brass pumps. They can be found in both mid-range and high-end models.
Battery-powered pressure washers in the lower price range usually have plastic pumps. These are inexpensive to manufacture, but less robust and powerful. One disadvantage is that they are sensitive to freezing water. In the worst case, the water can expand so much that the pump bursts. This risk does not exist with brass or aluminium.
Tank for cleaning agent
There are portable pressure washers that have an integrated tank or an external container for adding cleaning agents. Consumers should determine whether such a tank is necessary before buying. Although cleaning agent facilitates the removal of stubborn dirt, it is usually not necessary for ordinary tasks such as cleaning pavements, patios or vehicles. A tank for cleaning agent is important when oily contamination needs to be removed. Accordingly, such models are mainly interesting for use in factories or workshops.
The spray nozzles
When buying a portable pressure washer, it is important to pay attention to which nozzles the device is equipped with. While inexpensive models usually only have a spot spray nozzle, pressure washers from the middle and upper price ranges are often equipped with 3-in-1 or 5-in-1 nozzles, which combine several types of nozzles. The most commonly used nozzles are:
- Spot-jet nozzle – considered the basic type and concentrates the water on a small area. The angle of the orifice is 0 degrees, which means that all the working pressure is concentrated on the area to be cleaned and no power is lost. This makes a spot-jet nozzle very suitable for cleaning joints or grooves.
- Flat jet nozzle – this nozzle has a gentler, flatter jet with an angle of around 60 degrees. The user can often adjust the angle. In favour of a larger area output, flat-jet nozzles lose some of the working pressure. They are suitable for cleaning large surfaces – for example, floor tiles, tiles or window panes.
- Rotor nozzle – this nozzle is a further development of the spot-jet nozzle. As the nozzle rotates during cleaning, it combines the jet power of the spot-jet nozzle with the area power of the flat-jet nozzle. This makes it possible to clean over a wide area and almost at the same time as the spot-jet nozzle. This makes rotor nozzles suitable for joints and grooves as well as for surface cleaning. Users should bear in mind that the combination of high pressure and good area performance can cause damage to sensitive or porous surfaces.
- Combination nozzle – as an alternative to the previously mentioned nozzle types, cordless high-pressure cleaners can be equipped with a combination nozzle. This has an individually adjustable nozzle and can be used both as a spot-jet and flat-jet nozzle. With most models, the desired mode can be set by turning the nozzle head.
- Shower nozzle – some cordless high-pressure cleaners come with a shower attachment. This works with a low water pressure and fine water jets. This makes it suitable not only for gentle cleaning, but also for watering garden plants.
The water tank
If you decide to buy a portable pressure washer with a water tank, you should pay attention to the capacity of the tank. On average, this amounts to 10 to 30 litres and should be considered in relation to how much water the pressure washer uses per minute – usually between 3 and 5 litres. Optimally, the cleaner has a large water tank and a low water consumption per minute. This offers the advantage that the tank does not have to be refilled so frequently during longer cleaning tasks.
It should be taken into account that the size of the water tank has a direct impact on the weight of the cordless pressure washer. If you want to use your new cleaning device flexibly at different locations, you should cut back on usage time and opt for a model with a small water tank or a pressure washer with a hose connection.
The water hose
Battery-powered pressure washers with a water tank have a hose that connects the tank to the lance or high-pressure gun. On models without a water tank, the hose is used for the water supply. With both types of equipment, a hose that is as long as possible is advantageous, as this ensures freedom of movement when cleaning. On models with a water tank, the connecting hose is usually between 3 and 6 metres long. Pressure washers without a water tank have inlet hoses up to 15 metres long.
In addition to the length of the hose, it is important to pay attention to the hose connection. With inexpensive models, the hose can only draw water from containers. With many high-quality models, it is possible to connect the hose to a water tap to ensure an uninterrupted water supply.
The battery capacity
The battery capacity is given in ampere hours and indicates how much power a battery can store. For portable pressure washers, this value is usually 2 to 5 ampere hours. Depending on the power, the devices can achieve runtimes of between 15 and 60 minutes. The manufacturers do not always give precise information about the battery life. In case of doubt, this can be guessed from the power and battery capacity. If a pressure washer has a high battery capacity of 40 volts and a low battery capacity of 2 ampere hours, the battery life is likely to be short.
Battery-powered pressure washers are designed for mobile use. They should be as light as possible so that they can be transported to the place of use without much effort. On average, the weight of such cleaners is between 7 and 15 kilograms.
Which well-known battery-powered pressure washer manufacturers are there?
In the following section we would like to introduce several companies that are known for producing high quality cordless high pressure washers.
Overall, each of these brands offers unique features and benefits in their cordless pressure washers. It is important to consider your specific needs and preferences before selecting the brand that is right for you.
Finally, we would like to address some questions that are frequently asked in connection with battery-powered pressure washers. We hope that we can make it easier for our readers to buy and later use their new cleaning device.
Which cordless pressure washer is the best?
There is no such thing as the best cordless pressure washer. Depending on the purpose for which such a device is to be used, users have different requirements. For this reason, there are only cleaning devices that are best suited for the individual’s purposes. If you take all the tips in our guide into account, you have a good chance of finding the best cordless pressure washer for your personal requirements.
Which battery-powered high-pressure cleaner is suitable for patio cleaning?
All battery-powered high-pressure cleaners that are equipped with a fan jet nozzle for cleaning large areas are suitable for patio cleaning. For stubborn dirt, it is recommended to use a rotor nozzle, which combines the jet power of a spot-jet nozzle and the surface power of a fan nozzle.
How much water does a battery-powered pressure washer use?
Battery-powered pressure washers use less water than ordinary garden hoses. While up to 3,500 litres flow through a hose every hour, the average water consumption of a battery-powered pressure washer with a water pressure of 100 bar is 300 litres per hour.
Can high-pressure cleaners be rented?
Yes, high-pressure cleaners can be hired or rented for one-off use. If you want to use the device regularly, it is better from a financial point of view to buy a battery-powered pressure washer. It is not uncommon for the rental fee for one day to be in the mid-double-digit range.