If you have a pressure washer with suction function, it is possible to use other water sources than the normal tap water connection. For example, you can use rainwater, in principle you can even use water from a river.
The only things you need are a pressure washer with a suction function, a water filter, a suction hose (optional) and, if required, an additional quick coupling.
5 Best Pressure Washers that Draws Water from a Bucket
Pressure Washer that Draws Water from a Bucket
The Karcher K7 Premium Full Control Plus Home Pressure Washer is a high-performance cleaning machine that delivers exceptional power and versatility. With its impressive maximum pressure of 180 Bars, it can handle the toughest cleaning tasks with ease. The included T 450 surface cleaner and stone and facade detergent provide efficient cleaning solutions for large areas and stubborn stains. While the weight and cord length may pose some limitations, the K7 Premium is a reliable and powerful pressure washer that is ideal for homeowners seeking professional-grade cleaning performance.
- Powerful maximum pressure of 180 Bars for professional-grade cleaning performance
- Robust and durable construction for long-lasting reliability
- T 450 surface cleaner for efficient cleaning of large areas
- Includes a 1-litre stone and facade detergent for effective stain removal
- 3-in-1 lance combines Vario, dirt blaster, and detergent settings for enhanced versatility
- Parts need protection from frost. It leaves black spots after cleaning tiles
The WORX WG620E.4 Cordless Hydroshot Portable Pressure Cleaner Kit is the perfect cleaning solution for those looking for a versatile and portable pressure washer. With its 18V (20V Max) cordless operation, you can take it anywhere without worrying about being tethered to a power outlet. The kit comes with two 2.0Ah batteries, ensuring that you have enough power to tackle any cleaning job.
- Comes with two batteries for maximum power and runtime
- Lightweight and portable design for easy use and storage
- Includes multiple accessories for versatile cleaning
- No need for a hose connection with the collapsible water bucket
- The 6m hose may not be long enough for some cleaning tasks
The Kärcher K 5 Premium Smart Control Home High Pressure Washer offers exceptional cleaning performance and convenience. With its adjustable pressure, high flow rate, and comprehensive accessories, it tackles dirt and grime effectively on a variety of surfaces. The smart control technology and included accessories, such as the T 5 surface cleaner and 3-in-1 cleaner, enhance its versatility and cleaning capabilities. While the weight and sound level may be considerations for some users, the overall performance and features make it a reliable and efficient cleaning tool. With a 3-year guarantee, you can have confidence in the durability and longevity of this pressure washer.
- Maximum pressure of 145 bars for powerful and effective cleaning
- High flow rate of 500 liters per hour ensures thorough dirt removal
- Smart control technology provides convenient and precise pressure adjustment
- Includes the 180 Q Smart Control gun for effortless control during cleaning
- 3-in-1 Multi Jet spray wand offers versatile cleaning options
- Home Kit with T 5 surface cleaner and stone/facade cleaner enhances cleaning capabilities
- 10-meter high-pressure hose provides extended reach for added convenience
- The weight of 13.92 kilograms may be heavy for some users
- The sound level of 76 dB may be considered loud for sensitive environments
The Bosch 06008A7972 High Pressure Washer EasyAquatak 120 is a powerful and versatile cleaning tool designed for use in a variety of outdoor cleaning applications. With a maximum pressure of 120 bar and a flow rate of 350 litres per hour, this pressure washer is capable of tackling even the toughest cleaning jobs with ease.
- Compact and lightweight design
- Powerful maximum pressure of 120 bar
- Adjustable 3-in-1 nozzle for versatile cleaning
- Comes with a 6-meter high-pressure hose and a 5-meter power cable
- Some users have reported that the power cord is too short for their needs
- May not be suitable for heavy-duty or industrial cleaning tasks
The Norse SK25i Portable Pressure Washer is an ideal electric jet washer for cleaning your patio, car, and garden. It features a powerful 25 bar / 363 PSI pressure output that can remove even the toughest dirt and grime. This pressure washer comes with a wide range of accessories that make it versatile and useful for different cleaning tasks.
- The Norse SK25i Portable Pressure Washer is lightweight and easy to maneuver, making it perfect for outdoor cleaning tasks.
- With a maximum pressure of 25 bar, it delivers a powerful cleaning performance that removes dirt and grime with ease.
- The included accessories, such as the adjustable nozzle and turbo nozzle, provide a versatile cleaning experience for various surfaces and tasks.
- The 6-meter hose may not be long enough for larger cleaning tasks, requiring the user to move the unit closer to the cleaning area.
Instructions: for water suction
Step 1: Position the pressure washer below or at the same level as the water tank.
Step 2: Fill the suction hose completely with water.
Step 3: Connect the hose to the pressure washer. Caution: It is best not to allow air bubbles to form in the hose.
Step 4: Switch on the high-pressure cleaner with suction function.
Correct use of the pressure washer that draws water from a bucket
For the pressure washer to be able to suck in water, the hose must be completely filled with water. It is also ideal if the water tank is clearly above the pressure washer. If this is not the case, the water supply to the pressure washer may be interrupted.
The use of a suction hose is also recommended. As this has a so-called non-return valve, which is intended to prevent the hose from “drawing” air through the high-pressure cleaner. Thus, the suction function of the high-pressure cleaner is actively supported by such a hose.
In many cases, the water tank does not need to be placed far above the pressure washer because of such a suction hose, but can be placed at the same level.
Sometimes the suction function even works when the water tank is a little lower. However, it would be ideal if the water tank were significantly higher than the high-pressure cleaner, and the suction hose must be completely filled with water.
- The hose must be completely filled with water
- There should be no sharp bends or curves in the hose.
- The water tank should ideally be above the pressure washer.
- A suction hose is recommended
Water from the rain barrel, dirty water
Even if the water in the rain barrel looks clean and clear, you should use a water filter. Often, even the smallest residue of dirt is enough to destroy the high-pressure pump of a high-pressure cleaner.
This is because a high-pressure pump has very small toller rings so that pressures of 100 bar and more are possible. Dirt would severely affect the inner workings of the pump, as very high friction is generated and thus wear skyrockets.
You should make sure that the filter is very fine and can be washed out with water. If the water is very dirty, you should use a coarser filter before the fine filter or find a clean water source.
These filters are often included or integrated in a suction hose or are available as accessories for your high-pressure cleaner.
The risks of using the suction function
Basically, it is more risky to operate a pressure washer with another water source such as the tap. This is because there could be dirt in the water, which could damage the pressure washer.
Also, pressure washers don’t like to have the water turned off while they are running. This can cause the pumps to run hot and be permanently damaged. Therefore, it is better to check the water supply twice.
How large should the water supply be?
Good high-pressure cleaners use up to 450 l/h on average, which corresponds to 7.5 litres per minute. Therefore, you should check beforehand how much water is available, because it would be annoying if the work has to be interrupted in the middle.
|15 Minutes||30 Minutes||45 Minutes|
|350 l/h||87,5 Litres||175 Litres||262,5 Litres|
|450 l/h||112,5 Litres||225 Litres||337,5 Litres|
|600 l/h||150 Litres||300 Litres||450 Litres|
Common problems when using the suction function
The pressure washer does not get water
If the pressure washer does not get water, this can have two reasons: The water hose is not completely filled with water or the water tank is placed too far under the pressure washer.
Air bubbles in the hose
If air bubbles keep appearing in the hose, you should use a suction hose. This has a non-return valve that prevents the hose from drawing air through the pressure washer.
If there is air in the hose from the start, you must hold the hose completely under water and move it back and forth a little so that all air bubbles can escape.
Quick clogging of the filter
If the filter clogs quickly, it is because you are using water that is too dirty. It is best to use another water source that provides clean water. Another solution would be to use a coarser pre-filter. This will then prevent the finer filter from clogging quickly with coarse dirt.